Function editor

From: "Tony Caduto" <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Function editor
Date: 2004-10-08 01:22:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,
I have been using PG Admin 3 for about 5 months now and mostly it is a great
program, however the function editor window is driving me nuts.
I know I have been told that if I simply resize it the problems will go
away, and they do for awhile.
The problem is I am so used to using the maximize button in every single
other windows app out there.
The way the PGadmin 3 function editor window behaves is not like any other
windows app I have ever used.(even junky outlook express does not do this)
I don't have one single app on my pc where the window will open off to the
lower left of the screen if you maximize it.

Can the developers please do something about this weird behavior?
And please don't tell me it is the way it should be... I have several other
developers who I have introduced to PGAdmin III and they all complain about
the function editor.
Could you at least make it open center screen? or how about adding a simple
preference option that if checked the function editor would simply open
maximized, it does not block the desktop when maximized and I am sure most
users maximize the window anyway.
It is a royal pain to have to manually resize it everytime I open a new
function.

Is what I am asking impossible? Please at least add a option so we the
users can choose the behavior we prefer.

Thanks for listening.

Tony Caduto
Senior Programmer/Analyst
M&I Trust