New To PostgreSQL

From: "Tom Ince" <tince(at)acsinc-nj(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL-General \(E-mail\)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New To PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-09-27 15:41:24
Lists: pgsql-general

I am attempting to convert an database currently running on Informix to
a free database on Linux (RedHat 6.1). I have a question.....

I learned that MySQL, does not maintain foreign keys, which affects me
because I need to use things like CHECK in the CREATE TABLE statements.
So thats why I am not trying PostgreSQL. Does PostgreSQL support
foreign keys? Are there any other quirks I might run into as far as
SQL syntax goes?

Thank In Advance,

Thomas Ince
Software Systems Engineer