BIT type still not working

From: "Ian deSouza" <iand(at)metamousetrap(dot)com>
To: <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: BIT type still not working
Date: 2001-01-11 01:11:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-jdbc

Is this true. If so, is there anytime schedule for a fix?

Thanks, Ian

Dan,

I really think there is something wrong with the boolean (bit) type setting
within the PostgreSQL JDBC driver. After checking w/ news groups and
receiving one answer below, I think the only way I can accomplish what I
need to is to go to postresql itself. Do you have any ideas?

Hi Joe,

I appreciate your response. I put in a workaround if I'm dealing with
postgresql like the following:

if (value instanceof Boolean &&
getType().equals(PersistentStore.PostgreSQL))
{
Trace.println("Setting Boolean value for "+objAttr.getName()+"="+value);
preparedStatement.setBoolean(i, ((Boolean)value).booleanValue());
}
else
{
preparedStatement.setObject(i, value);
}

and saw the output:

..
SQL: insert into Car (License,Color,Logo,Sunroof) values (?,?,?,?)
Setting Boolean value for Sunroof=false
..

with exactly the same problem, so calling setBoolean didn't work either. Do
you have any suggestions on how to get in touch with the appropriate
PostgreSQL people?
Thanks, Ian