RE: Connection problems

From: "fud fudmore" <listkeeper23(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Connection problems
Date: 2001-01-11 05:09:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Sorry everybody but i just figured out what my lame butt has done wrong.
after reading the postgresql manual further i discovered the tracing
features of the db server so i decided to add this entry to pg_options

all=1
verbose=2
query=0
syslog=2

and i found this ...

Jan 10 13:02:06 darktower postgres[3891]: InitPostgres
Jan 10 13:02:06 darktower postgres[3891]: FATAL 1: Database "papers " does
not exist in the system catalog.
Jan 10 13:02:06 darktower postgres[3891]: proc_exit(0)
Jan 10 13:02:06 darktower postgres[3891]: shmem_exit(0)
Jan 10 13:02:06 darktower postgres[3891]: exit(0)

"papers " DUH! somewhere in the program a blank space had gotten
in. i fixed it and it works perfectly. Thanks to everybody that replied
to my request for help.