The problem between libpq and libpgtcl for WIN32

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)edu(dot)sollentuna(dot)se>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: The problem between libpq and libpgtcl for WIN32
Date: 1998-12-14 10:12:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Hi all.
I have changed the subject from "libpq and libpgtcl in Windows".

My main point is

The treatment of pgresStatus[] in libpq must be changed ?

In case of Windows,global data interface between dll's is
different from UNIX.
If fact,libpgtcl references global data pgresStatus[] in libpq
and pg_result -status command does not work properly for
Windows.

I think it is preferable to use function interfaces than gobal
data references.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp

PS.
I accepted a lot of mails about libpq and libpgtcl.
Seems many people thought I am good at libpq,Tcl etc.
But my work is only the compilation of libpq and libpgtcl.

LIBPQ for WIN32 is the work of Magnus Hagander.

I changed libpgtcl and libpq just a little for pgaccess.

The dll's I provieded are only for pgaccess not for general use.