libpq and libpgtcl in Windows

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: libpq and libpgtcl in Windows
Date: 1998-12-11 02:22:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Hi all

I made dll's(libpq.dll,libpgtcl.dll) only for pgaccess.
It is a temporary solution for quick fix and the solution for general use
is necessary.

I made libpgtcl.dll ignoring NOTIFY functionality(not used in pgaccess).
Sorry,I'm not a Tcl expert and can't provide proper code for NOTIFY
functionality in Windows.

Another problem exists between libpq and libpgtcl in Windows.
Libpgtcl references global data pgresStatus[] in libpq when using
pg_result -status command.
But in Windows libpgtcl doesn't reference pgresStatus[] in the same
way as UNIX and pg_result -status returns improper values.

Any ideas ?

In my temporary solution for pgaccess,I used a function interface
between libpq and libpgtcl instead of global data.

Thanks

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp