Re: daitch_mokotoff module

From: Dag Lem <dag(at)nimrod(dot)no>
To: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: daitch_mokotoff module
Date: 2022-12-22 14:02:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dag Lem <dag(at)nimrod(dot)no> writes:

> Hi Ian,
>
> Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

[...]

>> I see you provided some feedback on
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/36/3468/,
>> though the patch seems to have not been accepted (but not
>> conclusively rejected
>> either). If you still have the chance to review another patch (or
>> more) it would
>> be much appreciated, as there's quite a few piling up. Things like
>> documentation
>> or small improvements to client applications are always a good place to start.
>> Reviews can be provided at any time, there's no need to wait for the next
>> CommitFest.
>>

> OK, I'll try to find another patch to review.

I have scanned through all the patches in Commitfest 2023-01 with status
"Needs review", and it is difficult to find something which I can
meaningfully review.

The only thing I felt qualified to comment (or nit-pick?) on was
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/41/4071/

If something else should turn up which could be reviewed by someone
without intimate knowledge of PostgreSQL internals, then don't hesitate
to ask.

As for the Daitch-Mokotoff patch, the review by Andres Freund was very
helpful in order to improve the extension and to make it more idiomatic
- hopefully it is now a bit closer to being included.

Best regards

Dag Lem