Re: Encoding

From: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar(at)candleweb(dot)no>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Encoding
Date: 2000-11-14 16:45:15
Lists: pgsql-general

> BTW: one thing to beware of when using LOCALE is that you've gotta be
> careful to start the postmaster with the same LOCALE environment
> variables every time for a given database. Otherwise, the
> LOCALE-dependent sort order of your indexes gets messed up, and things
> start to behave very strangely ...

And you have to reindex the relevant tables to get things working properly
again. I did this two months ago to get the right sort order for norwegian
letters(ISO-8859-1 character encoding).

Works like I a charm now on Solaris, but I still have a problem on my Linux
development machine - believe this a Linux libc config problem and not
related to Postgres as it works fine on Solaris.

regards,

Gunnar