Re: jdbc driver: Why it isn't jdbcCompliant?

From: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar(at)candleweb(dot)no>
To: Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>
Cc: Janossy Gergely <gjano(at)freemail(dot)hu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: jdbc driver: Why it isn't jdbcCompliant?
Date: 2000-05-29 23:23:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net> writes:

Yes - your point being ? I think that you will find that most JDBC drivers
out there do not implement the spec. to the letter. But using good OO
design principles and adapters you can easily use a subset of the spec(plus
your favorite non SQL 92 database extensions) together with appropriate
adaptors to keep things fairly easy to port between databases. The four
databases that I know best Sybase ASE, PosgreSQL, Progress V9.1 and MySQL
do not fully implement the JDBC spec. But then again I think SQL 92 is the
same story...

Regards,

Gunnar