Re: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: <anepon(at)verveinternet(dot)com>, "Pgsql-Sql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1
Date: 2001-07-13 19:01:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

Ari,

> I keep getting this error "You have an error in your SQL syntax near
> '' at
> line 1" when I try to run the below query. Does anyone know what I'm
> missing? Maybe some of the variables need to be in single or double
> qoutes?
> I tried a bunch of things, but no change.

The first thing you should do is modify your program so that it outputs
the query text it's actually passing to the database to a text file or
stdout instead. Once you see the actual query and not a bunch of
string variables, the error may jump out at you.

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533