You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

From: "Ari Nepon" <anepon(at)verveinternet(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Sql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1
Date: 2001-07-13 17:38:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I keep getting this error "You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at
line 1" when I try to run the below query. Does anyone know what I'm
missing? Maybe some of the variables need to be in single or double qoutes?
I tried a bunch of things, but no change.

tbl_all holds the foreign keys and some columns of non-relational data. the
other tbl_somethinghere tables hold two columns, the primary key and a name.

$columns_to_select ="tbl_users.username_field, tbl_client.name,
tbl_project.project_name, tbl_task.task_name, tbl_all.description,
tbl_all.hours, tbl_all.date_field";
$left_join ="LEFT JOIN tbl_users ON tbl_all.employee_ID =
tbl_users.username_field LEFT JOIN tbl_client ON
tbl_all.client_ID=tbl_client.name LEFT JOIN tbl_project ON
tbl_all.project_ID=tbl_project.project_name";
$left_join2="LEFT JOIN tbl_task ON tbl_all.task_ID=tbl_task.task_name";
$where="WHERE tbl_all.client_ID = $clients";
$all_query ="SELECT $columns_to_select FROM tbl_all $left_join $left_join2
$where";

Thanks,

Ari

Ari Nepon