Re: Cursors in plpgsql

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Preeti Kamble" <preeti(dot)kamble(at)wipro(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cursors in plpgsql
Date: 2001-04-17 14:56:12
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Preeti,

> Is there a command in plpgsql similar to %NOTFOUND of oracle?

Cursors are not currently supported for PL/pgSQL. There are plans to
include them for and upcoming version of Postgres. But dont' wait your
application on it.

> i want to write a load script which takes each row from the temporary
> table, do some processing and insert into actual tables. Any idea how
> can accomplish this???

Yes. Please see my post from last week called: "Re: [SQL] Calling plSQL
functions".

-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533