function to format floats as money?

From: Mark Stosberg <mark(at)summersault(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: function to format floats as money?
Date: 2001-04-17 14:30:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I'm curious to know if there is a function available in Postgres 7.0.3
(or 7.1) that will format a float style number as "money". I understand
that the money type is going away in the future, so using a float type
that is sometimes formatted like money seems like a good alternative. So
ideally, I'm looking for a solution that won't go away when the money type
does. :) Thanks!

-mark

http://mark.stosberg.com/