PostgreSQL/Mac OS X GUI management tools

From: Russ McBride <Russ(at)psyex(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: mark(at)lilback(dot)com
Subject: PostgreSQL/Mac OS X GUI management tools
Date: 2001-12-04 21:13:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Since PGAccess is not an option on Mac OS X due to problems getting
non frameworks-based tk to work (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) I
thought people might be interested to know that there are a few GUI
tools that allow PostgreSQL database management on Mac OS X. The
first, MacSQL, has deep Mac integration, excellent support for
AppleScript, and will have PostgreSQL support available in the
upcoming 2.1 version, according to Mark Lilback:

http://www.rtlabs.com/macsql/

SQLBoss runs on Windoze as well as Mac and offers a lot of database
connectivity possibilities:

http://www.sqlboss.com

And PGMac, which I think wants to encourage developers to partner
with them for embedded solutions:

http://www.pgmac.com

Cheers,

Russ