setting up ODBC

From: Jodi Kanter <jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu>
To: Postgres Admin List <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: setting up ODBC
Date: 2001-12-04 20:59:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks to those that have responded to my issue. I have done all that I think was recommended:

My Windows workstation has the psqlODBC driver
I added ODBC extensions to the base catalogs
I added the -i switch to my postmaster startup in order to turn on TCPIP connections
I modified my pg_hba.conf to make sure that my PC could connect

... I am still getting the following error when trying to connect:
ODBC--call failed
could not connect to the server
could not connect to remote socket #101

any thoughts?