Oracle sql queries

From: Russ McBride <russ(at)psyex(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Oracle sql queries
Date: 1999-12-28 21:39:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

Will any legal Oracle sql syntax work in postgresql? I'm worried about
whether tcl scripts that make sql calls to an Oracle db can be used in a
postgresql without problems. I guess that brings up two issues:

1- Is the version of sql that Oracle uses legal in postgres?
2- Even if the sql is transferrable, will Oracle's odd way of handling
dates screw up an attempt to transfer the sql calls?

Tia. Please cc me as I'm not on the mailing list.

Russ