Re: Question regarding the mailing list.

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: Marco Colombo <pgsql(at)esiway(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2004-10-29 14:17:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Marco,

> I've seen something similar, but I know it's my fault. I've set a Role up
> in Pine, that _should_ change the From: to the correct one. This list
> accepts messages only from subscribed users, and, as you may have
> guessed,
> the address I'm subscribed with is different from my main one.
> The problem is that sometimes Pine does not switch Role (should do that
> automatically) and I simply forget to check before sending.
>
> But the list sends me a 'stalled post' message when that happenes.

Thanks for the tip, but that's cannot be the cause of my problem. I've
double checked the messages that I sent and the "From:" field is
correct. I don't get any 'stalled post' messages either. It's dead silent.

In fact, I have sent 3 mails to you personally on the subject "Reasoning
behind process instead of thread based". One had a CC to the gmane
newsgroup. That one showed up. The other two had a CC to the
pgsql-general list. You got at least one of them (since you replied),
but the list didn't.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren