Re: Question regarding the mailing list.

From: Marco Colombo <pgsql(at)esiway(dot)net>
To: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2004-10-29 13:44:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> On several occations I have replied to mails originating from someone on the
> pgsql-general list. I send the reply to:
>
> To: <the person in question>
> CC: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
>
> The person in question receives the mail but it never shows up in the list
> archive or in the newsgroup. Has anyone here had similar experiences? What am
> I doing wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

I've seen something similar, but I know it's my fault. I've set a Role up
in Pine, that _should_ change the From: to the correct one. This list
accepts messages only from subscribed users, and, as you may have guessed,
the address I'm subscribed with is different from my main one.
The problem is that sometimes Pine does not switch Role (should do that
automatically) and I simply forget to check before sending.

But the list sends me a 'stalled post' message when that happenes.

.TM.
--
/ / / Marco Colombo