Benchmarking PostgreSQL against others on Windows?

From: Bo Berglund <bo(dot)berglund(at)telia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Benchmarking PostgreSQL against others on Windows?
Date: 2006-11-26 21:13:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am working on the Windows platform and I have mainly used
MSSQLServer 2000 for database stuff.

Now I am looking at alternatives and one is PostgreSQL, another MySql.
Can anyone point me towards a report from a decent benchmarking test
showing the pros and cons of these servers?
I assume someone has done it already....
I am mostly interested in servers running on Windows since that is our
main target platform.

Bo Berglund