Re: [Fwd: MS SQL compatible functions]

From: "Ian Harding" <ianh(at)tpchd(dot)org>
To: <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <dean(at)tmdt(dot)com(dot)tw>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: MS SQL compatible functions]
Date: 2002-02-06 21:39:50
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

This is something that would be wonderful to have, a mapping of PostgreSQL functions to MSSQL Server functions. In fact, I have been fantasizing about a compatibility module that would allow SQL Server applications to think they were talking to MSSQL Server when they were really talking to PG. That is a huge job, but my how many more people would convert!

In the meantime, you will have to dump schema, twiddle them to meet PosgtreSQL requirements, and run them to re-create your db. Your app will have to be re-written to some degree as well.

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
(253) 798-3549
mailto: iharding(at)tpchd(dot)org

>>> Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org> 02/06/02 02:31AM >>>
Hi everyone,

Dean here seems to be converting to PostgreSQL from MS SQL Server, and I
have *no* idea how to help him out.

He's not on the list, so if anyone's got suggestions, please remember to
keep him in the To/CC list.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift