Re: How to insert "date" as timestamp

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <aydin(dot)toprak(at)intengo(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to insert "date" as timestamp
Date: 2005-10-13 06:50:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

Is your object a java.util.Date, a java.sql.Date, or a
java.sql.Timestamp? Do you want the column in the database to
store only a date, or combined date and time? If you want the
column to store a combined date and time, you should define it
as TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE unless you have some very
unusual need to have a timestamp that represents a different
moment in each time zone.

Some sample code and your exception (with stack trace) would
help, too.

-Kevin

>>> Ayd*n Toprak <aydin(dot)toprak(at)intengo(dot)com> 10/13/05 1:20 AM >>>
hii,

I am newbie for jdbc-postgres and looking for some help about timestamp
type of posgresql.....

my porgram makes a data object, and then insert this object to the db.
however, I couldnt been able to insert date object directly to the db as
timestamp ...

do I making something wrong ? .. or is there another type to keep full
date of java, in the Postgresql Db.

Thank You.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend