Re: PATCH(WIP): Printing Support And Save GQB/Explain as an image

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH(WIP): Printing Support And Save GQB/Explain as an image
Date: 2010-04-29 13:25:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

As discussed, I am not confident about the Printing support on Mac OSX.
It is working well on other platforms. In fact, Print Preview is also
working good on OSX. But, It gives arbitrary results for the printing.. (The
main feature of this patch.) :-(

I will need some more time investigating the exact issue.

As discussed, I m taking of the save as an image functionality from the
patch and sending you the patch for the same with this.

I am feeling very disappointed, but I do not want to rush into the things
and do not want to do things in hurry.

--
Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise Postgres Company<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi Ashesh,
>
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Ashesh Vashi
> <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > PFA
>
> OK, this patch now compiles on the Mac. I think here are a few things
> that need work
>
> - The Save/Print options are not enabled when they should be. For
> example, if I open the query tool, and run an Explain, I have to click
> to the 'Data Output' tab and then back to the Explain tab before the
> Save/Print options get enabled.
>
> - Why are there separate options for Saving/Printing the EXPLAIN
> output and GQB? As only one can be displayed at a time, we should have
> just one set of options which apply to the visible image.
>
> - The borders on saved images seem somewhat arbitrary. It would be
> good to crop the image to a consistent border around the visible items
> (say 25 or 50 pixels for example).
>
> - If you click on a node in a plan and then save the image, the popup
> info box isn't included.
>
> FYI, I don't think the last two items are essential to fix before beta
> 1. The first two are though.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> The Enterprise Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
SaveAsAnImage_v1.patch text/x-patch 18.1 KB