RPMs for Fedora Core 1-3

From: Troels Arvin <troels(at)arvin(dot)dk>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RPMs for Fedora Core 1-3
Date: 2004-12-01 20:19:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:19:21 +0100, Troels Arvin wrote (subject: "Re:
1.2.0 Gold uploaded"):

> I have a trusted Fedora Core 1 host on which I could build an FC1 RPM. I
> noone else is already doing that, I'll give it a shot within a day or two.

I succeded in building an RPM on Fedora Core 1:
http://troels.arvin.dk/pgadmin/
By the way: It installs without warnings on Fedora Core 2 and 3, as well.
And it also runs fine on such hosts, it seems.

The FC3-targeted RPM currently on the ftp mirrors will not run on older
Fedora Core releases.
A thought: If a single RPM will really work for all by being built on a
FC1 host, why not just distribute such an RPM?

I've rewritten parts of the spec-file. Most importantly, I now include
the source of wxGTK and the latest PostgreSQL 8 beta in the build process,
to minimize dependencies on the build host. As previously, the pgadmin3
binary is statically linked to wxGTK and PostgreSQL's libraries.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark