7.4 include file conflict

From: Ray Aspeitia <aspeitia(at)sells(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.4 include file conflict
Date: 2003-12-04 20:02:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I have a question regarding the 7.4 library include file called
/usr/local/pgsql/include/sqltypes.h

It seems to only include supplementary type defs.

The problem is that I installed the client libraries on a Mac XSERVE
10.3 server that comes with iODBC libraries in /usr/include. I was
compiling PHP with iODBC support as well as with PgSQL support and it
kept dying with syntax errors on the iODBC make.

I found that the compiler was looking in the pgsql include directory
first and found its version of sqltypes.h

I was able to get around the errors by renaming the pg header file to
something else, but I still have not checked if that had some impact
on the pg functionality that was built.

Is it necessary to have this include file named this or could it be
renamed to something more specific to like pgsqltypes.h

More info on this file would be appreciated.

Thanks much.

Ray A.