database clustering

From: Joe Maldonado <jmaldonado(at)mail(dot)webehosting(dot)biz>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: database clustering
Date: 2004-02-20 15:03:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,
I am planning a postgres database cluster. Each database will be on it's own machine and I wanted to enable one as the frontend to the rest. This is so that applications do not need to know which database contains what data. Is there a way to configure postgres to communicate to other dbs via sql so as to be transparent to the user? I know this can be done in Oracle though I'd rather not go through that experience if I do not need to.

Thanks,

-Joe