Re: scaling up postgres

From: PFC <lists(at)peufeu(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: scaling up postgres
Date: 2006-06-13 20:14:44
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Uhm... stick with commodity CPUs?

Hehe, does this include Opterons ?

Still, I looked on the "customize your server" link someone posted and
it's amazing ; these things have become cheaper while I wasn't looking...
You can buy 10 of these boxes with raptors and 4 opteron cores and 8 gigs
of RAM for the price of your average marketing boss's car... definitely
makes you think doesn't it.

Juts wait until someone equates the price in man-hours to fix/run a
borken Dell box...