Re: www.thekompany.com rekall

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: www.thekompany.com rekall
Date: 2005-04-27 12:36:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Quoth Typing80wpm(at)aol(dot)com:
> I just downloaded the windows demo for Rekall, which is an MSAccess
> like product (loosely speaking) with native drivers for postgresql
> and some other engines (plus odbc for yet others).  I was a bit
> confused on certain things so I emailed my questions, and the
> president of the company replied.
>
> It wasnt clear what product I should purchase for windows, and he
> said that the basic $60 rekall gives you both windows and linux
> versions.
>
> I was also unclear about how long the demo remains active (30 days,
> 10 days?) but he explained that the demo never expires,  remains
> active indefinitely, but logs off ever 20 minutes.   It unzipped and
> installed effortlessly on my part.  And it was very simple to tell
> it to look at a postgresql database.  It uses python as a scripting
> language.
>
> I havent done a lot with it yet, but I think I am going to like it a
> lot.

It is worth noting that the authors of Rekall are quite separate from
"theKompany."

Before you consider paying TheKompany for licenses, you might want to
take a peek at the authors' web site...

<http://totalrekall.co.uk/>

And pay particular attention to the FAQ, especially the part where
theKompany is mentioned...

<http://totalrekall.co.uk/modules.php?name=FAQ>
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','ntlug.org').