www.thekompany.com rekall

From: Typing80wpm(at)aol(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: www.thekompany.com rekall
Date: 2005-04-26 21:30:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I just downloaded the windows demo for Rekall, which is an MSAccess like
product (loosely speaking) with native drivers for postgresql and some other
engines (plus odbc for yet others). I was a bit confused on certain things so I
emailed my questions, and the president of the company replied.

It wasnt clear what product I should purchase for windows, and he said that
the basic $60 rekall gives you both windows and linux versions.

I was also unclear about how long the demo remains active (30 days, 10
days?) but he explained that the demo never expires, remains active indefinitely,
but logs off ever 20 minutes. It unzipped and installed effortlessly on my
part. And it was very simple to tell it to look at a postgresql database.
It uses python as a scripting language.

I havent done a lot with it yet, but I think I am going to like it a lot.