Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Date: 2011-02-12 21:46:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Less narrow-minded interpretation of GPL requirements, perhaps.
> (And yes, we have real lawyers on staff considering these issues.)

If we really believe that the debian interpretation of the licence issue
here is moot, surely the easiest action is to offer a debian package
repository hosted in the postgresql.org infrastructure.

That would also allow us to maintain all our currently supported
versions and choose to consider reaching EOL of one of them where it's
still included in a stable debian releases. Debian folks can't do that
and as a result they will only ship one major version at a time, which
certainly is a shame.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine