Re: [HACKERS] missing mugshots

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: wieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] missing mugshots
Date: 1999-10-31 00:55:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I'll play around a little with CVS rules (don't know exactly
> how to set them up but I know that they exist). Will tell you
> later if this is something worth to try.

Whow, never thought it would be that easy!

If we place a tiny little script

#!/bin/sh
cd /home/projects/pgsql/ftp/www
cvs update </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 &
echo ""
echo "Main WEBsite will be updated automatically."
echo "The appropriate 'cvs update' is already waiting"
echo "in background for your locks to be released."
echo ""

into the same directory it cd's to, we only need to add the
line

www -i /home/projects/pgsql/ftp/www/<script> www

to the modules file in the CVSROOT and anyone with a local
checkout must do a new checkout. Also we checkout the actual
working directory of the real site again and voila, anytime
someone does a commit a 'cvs update' is automatically started
in the web sites root directory. It must run in background to
avoid a deadlock, so be it. The echo messages are visible to
the one doing the commit, so it's just to remind that he's
doing something visible to the world.

As said, anybody should WORK in his private checked out
working directory at home. This would prevent side effects if
multiple maintainers work on the real files.

But for very small changes, it would be O.K. to do it on the
main site and commit them there, because the cvs update
started in background would be a noop in fact.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #