Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com (Clark Evans)
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, hannu(at)trust(dot)ee, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, vev(at)michvhf(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, vadim(at)krs(dot)ru
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))
Date: 1999-03-25 22:51:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Wow. You must have spent forever getting it
> to look like that.

1.5 hours including all the test traces :-)

That's why I still use that old, outdated rayshade - I'm
soooo familiar with it. And it's happy with a vi(1) as scene
editor as long as you can keep enough objects in a virtual
room in mind.

Well, I can higher the reflections of the peaces of the
jewel. Then it would look more like he's inside. But I have
to do it in this fashion when running for the little "Carried
by" images because you wouldn't see the elephant any more.
All that is easy done, rayshade's default preprocessor is
cpp, So it's simply one difference in the commandline options
and some #ifdef's inside the scene description. And I don't
run it from the commandline - I use make.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #