Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (Marc G(dot) Fournier)
Cc: terry(at)terrym(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!
Date: 1998-10-13 07:10:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I haven't seen any comments on this yet...am tempted to add it in,
> considering we have another 2 weeks before release, and it doesn't affect
> the backend...
>
> Anyone want to comment? If I hear nothing by, say, Monday morning, I'll
> apply these...

Stop - don't apply.

Dumping of views is already done in the current CVS. Pg_dump
now outputs CREATE TABLE for view relations too, but no data.
At the end of the schema (after data for real tables has been
filled in) it outputs commands to recreate ALL rewrite rules,
silently turning the tables into the views they where at dump
time.

> On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Terry Mackintosh wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > Is it too late to add a feature to pg_dump for 6.4??
> >
> > I just spent most of the day learning pg_dump and modifing it so it would
> > dump views also.
> >
> > This is the first time I have ever contributed any code changes, so I'm
> > not sure of how to submit it.
> >
> > The diff's and a readme as a tgz file are attached.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com> http://www.terrym.com
> > sysadmin/owner Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.
> >
> > Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.3
> > Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Patino, get it, read it!
> >

> Marc G. Fournier scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> scrappy(at){postgresql|isc}.org ICQ#7615664

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #