Re: [HACKERS] initdb and xpg_user

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] initdb and xpg_user
Date: 1998-03-12 16:26:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have a xpg_user file all my database directories.

Hands off - this is my bug :-)

> Seems initdb is creating it. Any way to prevent it from being created?

Add a

mv $PGDATA/base/template1/xpg_user $PGDATA/base/template1/pg_user

after the UPDATE pg_class renaming xpg_user to pg_user in initdb.

But this showed up another FEATURE! If you remove a tables file,
the next time it is accessed it is recreated empty! I think this
is not right, because after a system crash, a database file (I
know, very unlikely) could reside in lost+found. It's IMHO not
good to assume the table is empty and recreate the file silent.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #