Re: more 10K disks or less 15K disks

From: Anj Adu <fotographs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Iñigo Martinez Lasala <imartinez(at)vectorsf(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: more 10K disks or less 15K disks
Date: 2010-04-28 21:18:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you all for the comments

We have not benchmarked the new hardware yet..however..we do have
existing hardware that deals with very high volumes and handle pretty
well (Dell 2950 Intel 5430 8-cores with 6x450G 15K disks and 32G RAM -
Perc 6iRaid controllers) with minimal IO wait . there are ususally
about10-15 threads running at peak time with an average of 4-10
threads overall.

We are looking at high density boxes due to increasing storage requirements.

Sriram