Re: [INTERFACES] applet don't go

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: antibo(at)mclink(dot)it
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] applet don't go
Date: 1998-10-28 16:48:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At 18:30 +0200 on 28/10/98, Andrea Antibo wrote:

> the url of the html page is: http://my.domain.com/page.html
>
> for jdbc I have on the code of applet : jdbc:postgresql:mydb

Well then, you have to have THE SAME DOMAIN in both of them. The way the
jdbc URL is written, it assumes it is running on the localhost. As soon as
Netscape sees that it's not the same exact domain (it can't know that
localhost is the same as my.domain.com), it refuses to cooperate.

So change the URL like I showed you:

jdbc:postgresql://my.domain.com/mydb

In addition, make sure the url of the web page is indeed http: and not file:.

Herouth