Re: [INTERFACES] Re: postgres odbc applix

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Cary B(dot) O'Brien" <cobrien(at)access(dot)digex(dot)net>
Cc: Evelyn Mitchell <efm(at)tummy(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org, Gerald Gryschuk <ggryschuk(at)scf(dot)sk(dot)ca>, Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: postgres odbc applix
Date: 1998-10-28 16:41:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The -Bsymbolic problem is fixed in the PostgreSQL source tree, and will
be included in the v6.4 release which is scheduled for the beginning of
November. I'll post a new standalone tarball then.

Also, I noticed that the changes I'd made to allow disabling mylog() and
qlog() at compile time under Unix got dropped from the sources. I will
add those back in. afaik I'm using a GNU-specific solution:

#define mylog(args...)

allows a macro with a variable number of arguments. Don't know what
other platforms we are going to run on, but if we don't have solutions
for other compilers then you would need to keep mylog() and qlog() at
compile time. Not a big deal; they can be disabled at runtime anyway
afaik.

- Tom