Re: [INTERFACES] applet don't go

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: antibo(at)mclink(dot)it
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] applet don't go
Date: 1998-10-26 16:06:39
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At 17:32 +0200 on 26/10/98, Andrea Antibo wrote:

> I wrote un applet that link postgres, it works fine only if I run it by
> appletviewer. By netscape it don't works.
>
> What I can do?

Applets allow you to connect only to the server on which they live
themselves. That is, if the Applet's source URL is on machine aaa.bbb.com,
the datbase to which you connect must also be on aaa.bbb.com

Appletviewer is more lenient about this, to allow you to test things from
your own machine etc.

Solutions:

Run Postgres on the same machine as the applet.

or

Write a server which does the connection on behalf of your applet and
returns it the results, and run it on the applet's machine.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma