Re: [GENERAL] more nodeError problems and general view failures!

From: Stuart Rison <stuart(at)ludwig(dot)ucl(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] more nodeError problems and general view failures!
Date: 1998-07-09 16:06:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Erm, dunce question (sorry)

How do I apply that patch? Do I cut and paste from ? src/Makefile.custom
down into a file and then use patch?

And -more scarily- does that mean I have to recompile postgres?

That aside, thanks for your help Bruce, as soon I figure out how to apply
the patch I'll let you know if it worked!

Cheers, [indeed huge grin... I'm off to Silverstone for the British F1
Grand Prix!!]

Stuart.

PS. BTW, I'll never understand the C behind it but, conceptually speaking,
why does creating the view with the space in it and then select from it
yield the error but just doing the query 'select in_words,number,number *
number as "number squared" from test1;' work?

>> brecard=> create view on_test2 as
>> brecard-> select in_words,number,number * number as "number squared" from
>> test1;
>
>Here is the cause. The code could not handle an AS with multiple
>words, because of the way it was stored in the rewrite system. This
>patch should fix the problem.
>
>Does it fix your second problem too?
>

>? src/Makefile.custom
>...patch follows...

| Stuart Rison | Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research |
| Tel. (0171) 878 4041 | Courtauld Building |
| Fax. (0171) 878 4040 | 91 Riding House Street |
| stuart(at)ludwig(dot)ucl(dot)ac(dot)uk | UNITED KINGDOM. |