Re: Remaining Streaming Replication Open Items

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remaining Streaming Replication Open Items
Date: 2010-04-08 06:54:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> OK, that looks a lot less risky than I had understood from discussions.
>> The main thing for me is it doesn't interfere with Startup or
>> WalReceiver, so assuming it works I've got no objections. Thanks for
>> chasing this down, good addition.
>
> Thanks.  Committed.

Thanks. The following TODO item should be removed?

"Redefine smart shutdown in standby mode to exist as soon as all
read-only connections are gone."
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#Standby_server_mode

Or change it to something like?

"Change smart shutdown in standby mode so that it kills the startup
and walreceiver process before waiting for the regular backends to die off"

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center