Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...

From: Johan Nel <johan(dot)nel(at)xsinet(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...
Date: 2009-09-28 08:00:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Rob,

InterRob wrote:

> If you think so, then I we do in fact agree on that... Still, however,
> implementing this transparently (that is: back-end/server side; using
> VIEWs, is the only way I can think of) is a major challenge.
> Implementing the use of USER DEFINED additional fields within a certain
> application (front-end / client side) is much more easy...

As I indicated in another mail. I use this exact same priciple. Have to
agree if trying to write backend stuff, you running into troubles. Easier
to manage through front-end application.

If you want some more details, let me know, exactly what I am using for
all my front-end applications.

Regards,

Johan Nel
Pretoria, South Africa.