Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...

From: InterRob <rob(dot)marjot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...
Date: 2009-09-27 23:44:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Oliver,
Would you say it is not valid for proposition 2 (people wanting to be able
to quickly add (and remove?) attributes) because within the relational model
this can be done reasonably well?

If you think so, then I we do in fact agree on that... Still, however,
implementing this transparently (that is: back-end/server side; using VIEWs,
is the only way I can think of) is a major challenge. Implementing the use
of USER DEFINED additional fields within a certain application (front-end /
client side) is much more easy...

Rob