Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Jasen Betts <jasen(at)xnet(dot)co(dot)nz>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list
Date: 2010-04-19 19:37:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> On mån, 2010-04-19 at 09:59 +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> I think we would not even need to expose the webinterface to the wider
>> community, what we probably want is something that let's us keep the
>> current workflow but provides a minimalistic
>> status/statistics/dashboard
>> feature on top.
>
> As long as we're approaching this from the point of view that the
> current workflow must be kept, we're not going to go anywhere.  Because
> the current workflow is 1) Tom fixes all the bugs, and 2) Once in a
> while a brave soul is trying to improve things by starting a discussion
> such as this.  Which is supported just fine with the current tools.

As far as I am concerned, this is just bellyaching. I'm glad Tom
fixes most of the bugs because otherwise we would have a lot more
unfixed bugs. But he's not from the only one who responds to bug
reports, and we seem to have a pretty good consensus on what a better
system for the other people involved in the process would look like.
Please don't get in the way of efforts to try to put such a thing in
place.

...Robert