Re: BUG #4586: Supporting of Binary instead Bytea for Primary Keys

From: "Miroslav Nachev" <miro(at)space-comm(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4586: Supporting of Binary instead Bytea for Primary Keys
Date: 2008-12-17 09:14:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear Heikki,

Thank you very much. How can I map PostgreSQL UUID to JPA Hibernate with
annotations? Serializable or BigInteger or byte[] or java.util.UUID?

The big disadvantage of bytea is that it is not possible to use that type in
indexes and primary keys. Probably this restriction is because is very slow
column type because instead to keep the data this column keeps pointer to
the data.

Miro.