Re: Wierd Error on update

From: Pentilian <pentilian(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wierd Error on update
Date: 2004-08-13 16:05:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Original 7.3 release, or (I hope) 7.3.something?
7.3

> > I am getting two errors which are a bit confounding.
> > ERROR: pg_class_aclcheck:relation 474653086 not found
>
> Are there any views involved?
No views.

Is the statement invoking any functions?
The statement is not invoking any fuctions
However heres the statements,

UPDATE school_info_l SET ind_default_data = 't';
UPDATE school_info_l SET sis_system_id = 9 where school_id IN (492, 434, 436);

which are amazingly simple.
Both queries return the same exact error, same error.

not your
> How about triggers? Foreign keys? Rules?
Neither of the updates touch any rules.
sis_system_id is a foreign key to another table (but the first isnt
touching anything that has a trigger or foreign key constraint
attached to the column.

The table school_info_l has many contraints that affect other tables however

> Also, is it always the same number in the error, or does that change
> from run to run?
The number is the same for each time I run the update file on the same
database. with this two queries having the same error.
Same result to, if I run these two after the first update file
finishes there is no problem, but if I try to run it at the end of hte
first file, choke.

Very Odd problem to me, since the update statemenets are so simple.
-Tom