When was a Function Added?

From: "Paul Nickerson" <Paul_Nickerson(at)umit(dot)maine(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: When was a Function Added?
Date: 2009-10-30 20:06:42
Lists: pgsql-general

When was the ECPG function PGTYPEStimestamp_add_interval added to ECPG? My school has a server for student assignments and demonstrations with SunOS 5.9, PostgreSQL 7.4.8, ECPG 3.1.1, and GCC 3.4.6. In the documentation linked below, I can see that
that function goes back as far as PostgreSQL 8.2. Is it in version 7.4.8?

When I try to compile (with gcc -o roomboss -g -I /usr/local/pgsql/include/ roomboss.c -lecpg -lpq -lpgtypes), GCC says PGTYPEStimestamp_add_interval is an undefined symbol, and has a symbol referencing error. On my own machine, where I have
current versions of everything, I can compile fine.

I may ask the server administrator if he can upgrade PostgreSQL or ECPG. Where can I find out what that might break? Would it not be backwards compatible with some programs written to compile under the older version of PostgreSQL and ECPG?

Here is documentation on the function: http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.postgresql.org+PGTYPEStimestamp_add_interval&hl=en&safe=off&filter=0

~ Paul Nickerson