Re: windows CI failing PMSignalState->PMChildFlags[slot] == PM_CHILD_ASSIGNED

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: windows CI failing PMSignalState->PMChildFlags[slot] == PM_CHILD_ASSIGNED
Date: 2023-03-16 03:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

16.03.2023 00:13, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Thanks. We were wondering if the retry mechanism might somehow be
> hiding this in non-assert builds, but, looking more closely, that is
> tied specifically to the memory reservation operation.

As to hiding, when analyzing the Assert issue, I was wondered if
PMSignalShmemInit() can hide an error when calling ShmemInitStruct() for backends?
If I understand correctly, backends get PMSignalState through backend_variables,
so maybe ShmemInitStruct() should not be executed for backends at all?

Best regards,
Alexander