Re: Making the "Prominent Users" section easier to reach

From: "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Making the "Prominent Users" section easier to reach
Date: 2006-03-14 10:10:49
Lists: pgsql-www

Did a smallquicksimple research:

- MySQL seems to call it "Customers":

http://www.mysql.com/customers/

note: on the top bar, 1 click away from the home page.

- Firebird doesn't seems to serve the page on their main site, but on
ibphoenix under the "Firebird Users" name:

http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142330367:630751&page=ibp_users_firebird

note: not on their sourceforge home page, but on the foundation site, not
easy to access.

- SQLite, couldn't find any information, even googling.

Regards,
Guido Barosio

On 3/14/06, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> wrote:

> > click from
> > >
> > > I just don't see this rating a main menu item.
> > >
> > > I do think it should be linked from Community as well as
> > About though.
> >
> > I don't much care where on the front page it goes, but it
> > does belong on the front page. I believe it does actually
> > rate such a position, but I'd like to hear why you think it's
> > less important than that.
>
> Well, frontpage != top bar.
>
> I agree it doesn't really rate a place in the top bar.
>
> Putting it on the frontpage seems like a good idea, though. I see two
> 1) Add it to the list of links under "Shortcuts". Then we just need a
> name. I agree that "Users" is a bit ambigous. Considering what that
> means on most websites ("if you're a user of our system, click here"), I
> think something else is better. No, I don't have a direct example of
> something better :-P
>
> 2) Put it in the featured user box. Replacing the "share your story"
> link. (That link would be moved down into the case studies list)
>
> //Magnus

/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail .
X - NO Word docs in e-mail .