Customize the install directory of the postgres DB

From: weixiang tam <weixiang(dot)ets(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Customize the install directory of the postgres DB
Date: 2009-11-13 09:16:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear all,

I am trying to install the postgres8.2.14 via the RPM; however the install
directory is default to the following folder

- Executables : /usr/bin
- Libraries : /usr/lib
- Documentation : /usr/share/doc/postgresql-x.y.z ,
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-x.y.z/contrib
- Contrib : /usr/share/pgsql/contrib
- Data : /var/lib/pgsql/data

As we are bundling the postgresql db as our product release, we would like
to keep the Postgres executable dir, Data Dir under our product folder. In
this case, could I know whether I can customize the install directory when i
do the RPM installation?

Thanks!
wei xiang