Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query

From: Alena Rybakina <lena(dot)ribackina(at)yandex(dot)ru>
To: torikoshia <torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
Date: 2022-09-23 09:43:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry, I wrote confusingly at that time.

No, I suggested adding comment about the explanation of
HandleLogQueryPlanInterrupt() only in the explain.h and not removing
from the explain.c.

I seemed to be necessary separating declaration function for 'explaining
feature' of executed query from our logging plan of the running query
interrupts function. But now, I doubt it.

> I'm not sure I understand your comment correctly, do you mean
> HandleLogQueryPlanInterrupt() should not be placed in explain.c?

Thank you for having reminded about this function and I looked at
ProcessLogMemoryContextInterrupt() declaration. I'm noticed comments in
the memutils.h are missed tooю

Description of this function is written only in mcxt.c.
> However, given that ProcesLogMemoryContextInterrupt(), which similarly
> handles interrupts for pg_log_backend_memory_contexts(), is located in
> mcxt.c, I also think current location might be acceptable.

So I think you are right and the comment about the explanation of
HandleLogQueryPlanInterrupt() written in explain.h is redundant.

> I feel this comment is unnecessary since the explanation of
> HandleLogQueryPlanInterrupt() is written in explain.c and no functions
> in explain.h have comments in it.

Regards,

--
Alena Rybakina