Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query

From: torikoshia <torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Alena Rybakina <lena(dot)ribackina(at)yandex(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
Date: 2022-09-22 14:12:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-09-21 17:30, Alena Rybakina wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

> I also noticed it. However I also discovered that above function
> declarations to be aplied for explain command and used to be printed
> details of the executed query.
>
> We have a similar task to print the plan of an interrupted process
> making a request for a specific pid.
>
> In short, I think, this task is different and for separating these
> parts I added this comment.

I'm not sure I understand your comment correctly, do you mean
HandleLogQueryPlanInterrupt() should not be placed in explain.c?

It may be so.
However, given that ProcesLogMemoryContextInterrupt(), which similarly
handles interrupts for pg_log_backend_memory_contexts(), is located in
mcxt.c, I also think current location might be acceptable.

--
Regards,

--
Atsushi Torikoshi